Barista Job Responsibilities:
Promotes coffee consumption by educating customers; selling coffee; preparing and serving a variety of paninis, breakfast items, beverages, coffee drinks, along with pastries, cookies and other items depending on the season.
Barista Job Duties:
- Welcomes customers by determining their coffee interests and needs.
- Educates customers by presenting and explaining the coffee drink menu; answering questions.
- Sells coffees by explaining differences in coffee and coffee preparation machines; demonstrating how brewing equipment operates.
- Prepares and sells coffee drinks by following prescribed recipes and preparation techniques for coffee drinks, such as, expresso, caffe latte, and cappuccino.
- Serve food or beverages to patrons, and prepare or serve specialty dishes as required.
- Present menus to patrons and answer questions about menu items, making recommendations upon request.
- Clean tables or counters after patrons have finished dining.
- Roll silverware, set up food stations or set up dining areas to prepare for the next shift or for large parties.
- Inform customers of daily specials.
- Stock service areas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware, and linens.
- Explain how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods.
- Remove dishes and glasses from tables or counters, take them to kitchen for cleaning.
- Perform cleaning duties, such as sweeping and mopping floors, vacuuming carpet, tidying up server station, taking out trash, or checking and cleaning bathroom.
- Perform food preparation duties
- Garnish and decorate dishes in preparation for serving.
- Fill salt, pepper, sugar, cream, condiment, and napkin containers.
- Provide guests with information about local areas, including giving directions.
- Maintains inventories by replenishing coffee bean supply; stocking coffee brewing equipment; maintaining supplies, pastries, and cookies for coffee bar.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following organization standards and sanitation regulations.
- Enhances coffee shop reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Barista Skills and Qualifications:
Listening, Verbal Communication, Customer Focus, Customer Service, Basic Safety, People Skills, Action Oriented, Organization, Selling to Customer Needs, Attendance, Client Relationships and must have a Professional Appearance